Monday, July 25, 2011

Arduino Wireless F3F Timing System now speaks French too !

Yesterday evening and tonight, I generated the French voices for my Wireless F3F Timing System. Now, the system speaks English for the pilots who hold an 'E' in the pilot list file on the SD card, and French for those holding an 'F'. The system automatically switches all counbtdowns, leg counts, penalty announcements, and run results in the language of the pilot!
Although it's a boring and long job to prepare 259 audio files for one language, I think it's worth it.
I used Audacity for the audio processing and I am happy with this piece of free software.
Next language to be added will be German. For further languages like for example Spanish, I'll probably need help from native speakers to prepare proper translations for the longer sentences. If anybody is interested in contributing, please contact me or leave a comment. It's probably the best way for you to have your own language included in the Arduino Wireless F3F Timing System.
This coming weekend, the system may be field tested again at the French League F3F contest in Briançon at the demand of the organizer. I am sure the optimizations and modifications I implemented in the last few weeks have contributed to increase the reliability of the system.

1 comment:

  1. I can give you a hand with the Spanish translation

    ReplyDelete