Sunday, November 28, 2010

My last purchase...

A few months ago, I wouldn't have guessed that at some point, I would dare even look at an F3P plane! I hated the look of those crossed foam planks, and I mostly said 3D flying has more to do with helicopter than with airplane flying...
Well, I didn't want to stay stupidly stubborn, and since I have only little space for flying in the old historic town center where I work, I ordered an F3P 3D plane for lunch breaks. I looked around and finally ordered a Tech One EPP Yak 54.
The kit I received is nicely packed, very complete (with the optional Powerbox kit), and well designed. It includes outrunner, ESC/BEC, 2-cell lipo pack, 3 servos, and all necessary furniture. I started to piece the "thing" together yesterday evening, taking my time, and maybe a third is achieved. Tonight, I'll go on and I may maiden it during the coming week.
At least, this little devil of a plane will help keeping my fingers above freezing temperature during the winter which, by the way, came in quite harsh a few days ago, with freezing weather and some snow!


Specifications: Wingspan - 32ins (815mm), Length - 31ins (786mm), Flying weight - 130-150g with battery, Motor 2404 Brushless outrunner with 9x5 Prop, ESC 10amp brushless, Servo 3 x 6g micro servo, Battery 7.4v 350mAh LiPo.

No comments:

Post a Comment