Thursday, September 30, 2010

Wind forecast update for Saturday, 18:00

Seems things get preciser. One prediction is still strong altitude wind from Southwest (45km/h at 2000m in Western Switzerland, 10km/h in Eastern Switzerland). The place we should compete would have a figure somewhere in between.
The SW current affects particularly the Jura mountain chain in the West and Northwest of the country as we can see in the prediction for one of its summits (Chasseral), where 48km/h SW is expected around 11AM.
In the Alps, the SW stream seems to be affected by nascent South wind in the Central Alps. The Fön shall start to blow mainly on Sunday and become quite effective on Monday only.
Let's wait until tonight, when the hard decision will be communicated by the organizer. I must admit, it is a difficult one! But whatever happens, I'm sure all pilots - and myself first - will understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment